Work injuries are physical or psychological injuries that occur as a result of work-related activities. Individuals who have sustained a work injury may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is a system of benefits that provides coverage for medical expenses and lost wages to employees who are injured on the job.
Despite the advantages of this system, getting the benefits you need can often be a challenge. If you were injured at work, you might be wondering if you need to contact a work injury lawyer near Ottawa. Here are some signs that you may benefit from speaking with an attorney:
1. Your employer is not cooperating with your workers’ compensation claim.
2. You are having difficulty getting the medical treatment you need.
3. Your employer has retaliated against you for filing a workers’ compensation claim.
4. You are unsure of your rights under the workers’ compensation system.
5. You believe your injuries are more serious than what has been diagnosed by your doctor.
If you have any questions or concerns about your rights after a workplace injury, it is important to speak with an experienced work injury lawyer near Ottawa. An attorney can review your case and advise you of the best course of action.
Contacting a lawyer does not mean that you are suing your employer, but it does give you the chance to have your questions answered and to make sure that you are being treated fairly under the workers’ compensation system. Visit Wilson Law Office, LLC to request a free initial consultation with Mark M. Wilson, Attorney at Law, today.