A civil attorney is one who is hired due to legal matters that do not involve a criminal element. One can hire a civil attorney for personal injury, family matters, business, real estate, and other issues. When a person hires a Civil Attorney in Chico CA, they can rest assured their rights and interests will be protected as they pursue their case against the plaintiff. This information will allow individuals to better know what to expect once they have decided to hire an attorney.
There are several steps a civil attorney will take once they are hired:
* They will interview their client, medical professionals, and witnesses.
* The attorney will prepare for depositions so they can be used as evidence.
* Attorneys handle all forms of communication with the other party and their lawyer.
* If needed, attorneys file motions and all other court documents.
* They create discovery plans and serve the other party with discovery questions that may arise.
* Attorneys hire witnesses from particular industries to testify in court.
* They negotiate with the other party to attempt to reach a fair settlement for their client.
* If a case goes to court, the attorney presents the case and represents their client.
Depending on the type of civil case, an individual may be able to hire an attorney without any upfront costs. When an attorney works on contingency, this means their fees are contingent upon whether or not the case is won. If the client’s case is lost, they owe their attorney nothing, though they may be required to pay court fees.
The first meeting with the Civil Attorney in Chico CA is crucial for ensuring ample information is given to the attorney. Individuals need to be prepared to provide information and answer questions from their attorney so the case can begin.
If you are in need of legal representation for a civil matter, contact Attorney Raoul J LeClerc. He and his team will be happy to meet with you and go over your needs so they can guide you through the process of settling your civil legal matter. Call today to schedule your consultation appointment.